Why London is a Great Location for Creative Businesses
If you’re a creative business based in the UK and you’re looking for a new home, then the first place you may look is London.
That is because London is a hive of creative energy, and, put simply, we believe there aren’t many places in the world that offer a better environment to find inspiration and release your creativity.
At One One One, we have housed many creative businesses in stunning London office space over the years, and here are seven things we have found that make London the ideal place for this industry.
Let’s take a look.
7 Reasons London is Great for a Creative Business
If you’re looking for a new location for your creative business, here are seven reasons London is the location for you.
1. Cultural Diversity
London is a melting pot of different cultures, ethnicities and nationalities.
This diversity fosters creativity and inspiration, as different ideas are constantly being shared and exchanged.
Taking a walk through London and seeing the variety of restaurants, bars, shops, and more that you and your staff can visit is sure to get them creative juices flowing, and the people you meet are a key part of what makes this location so perfect.
2. Access to Plenty of Talent
London has some of the best universities and creative schools in the world, producing a large pool of talented and skilled professionals in various creative fields, including design, fashion, art, advertising, and more.
Places like the Royal College of Art, London College of Fashion, and The Brit School are hotbeds of new and emerging talent who may be able to offer amazing ideas and collaborations with your business.
3. Plenty of Support
If you’re new to London and you’re looking to take your business to the next level, there is a wide range of support available throughout the capital.
From coworking spaces in which your staff can frequent from time to time, to networking events and conferences which are sure to provide you with plenty of ideas, there’s no limit to the people you can meet and the visions you can share on any night within the capital.
4. Strong Industry Clusters
There are certain areas within London that are ideal for creative businesses in specific industries (more on this later).
These areas are known for being pioneering hubs for arts, fashion, design, and more, so if you can get your business in the right place you can blend right in and soak up the creativity that flows through these neighbourhoods.
5. Easy Access to Many Other Areas
London is not just great for everything it has inside it, but it is also amazing for ways that you can get out and venture to other parts of the world.
Whether just travelling across the UK, or if you want to take a trip to neighbouring countries and visit places like Paris, Madrid, or Berlin, the transport links are nothing short of excellent.
In fact, you can in Paris in just over 2 hours on the Eurostar!
By train, plane, and more, you can quickly make your way across the world and pick up any ideas that you can along the way.
6. Lots of Inspiration
London is a city that never sleeps, and is constantly buzzing with energy, creativity, and inspiration.
Whether you’re taking a walk in the middle of the day to grab something quick to eat, or you’re enjoying a night out in the many pubs and bars, you’re sure to be inspired.
From the iconic architecture and museums to the vibrant street art and music scene, the city offers a constant source of creativity for businesses.
7. Networking Opportunities
There is a wealth of networking opportunities for creative businesses throughout London, including industry events, conferences, trade shows, and more.
This helps businesses build relationships and collaborations, which in the creative industry are vital for letting your company grow.
It is also a great way to find new opportunities for your business and attending these events and rubbing shoulders with industry leaders is a great method of taking your business to the next level.
3 Places to Work in London for Creative Businesses
Right across London, there are many things to get your creative juices flowing, but some areas are famous for being real hotspots, including these three:
- Shoreditch – This trendy and vibrant neighbourhood in East London has over time become a real hub for creative agencies. It offers everything needed for such a business to flourish, such as art galleries, boutique shops, and a buzzing nightlife. Shoreditch is known for being full of innovative and cutting-edge ideas and is a great place to be if you want to be in the heart of a creative scene. We have office space in Shoreditch perfect for businesses in this industry, including this one on Tabernacle Street and this one on Mark Square.
- Soho – Soho is a central neighbourhood in the heart of London that is synonymous with creativity and the arts. It is home to some of the city’s most famous theatres, music venues, and film studios, as well as a range of creative businesses, including advertising agencies, design studios, and publishing houses. This is a unique area that is packed full of a distinctive energy and character that you truly can’t find anywhere else. Why not check out our offices on Poland Street or Great Malborough Street and see if these will be the perfect spot for your business.
- West End – If you’re looking to be surrounding by some of the most famous landmarks the country has to offer, then the West End is for you. With plenty of theatres, shopping and nightlife that are sure to delight your staff, as well as the bustling Oxford Street, Regent Street, and Trafalgar Square right on your doorstep, you’re sure to find your creativity blossoming as you wander through this vibrant and cosmopolitan area. Our office space on Cavendish Square and Oxford Street are ideal for creative businesses.
Moving Your Creative Business to London with One One One
Are you looking to take your business to the capital? Then One One One may be the company you’re looking for.
We can help you find the ideal office space for your workforce, and help you find your feet in your new workspace.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our team today and begin your journey to London with One One One.
Or why not fill in our form and build your perfect office right now.