5 London Offices with a Gym for Fitness-Focused Businesses
There are many features that are found in offices.
At One One One, we have access to Every London Office, and we are always amazed at some of the phenomenal amenities that can be seen across the many workspaces throughout the capital (there’s even one with a slide!)
A feature that is always really popular among employees, especially in fitness-focused brands, is a gym.
While this is a great thing to have, gyms aren’t very common across London offices, in fact they show up in only 5% of ours.
What this means is that if you’re interested in an office with a gym, you have to get in quickly, and that’s why we’ve created this guide to five offices with gyms you can take a look around today.
Let’s take a look.
Why Your Next Office Needs a Gym
A gym is rarely on the top of anyone’s list of priorities when it comes to finding a new place to work, but having such a feature does provide many benefits, including:
- It Helps to Attract and Keep Employees – Having a gym is a great perk. The average gym membership in London costs £40 a month, so by offering one to your employees for free, you could save them nearly £500 a year. Not only that, but they don’t have to commute to the gym and can get their workout done before heading home.
- Healthier Workforce – Regular exercise is key to better health, so if you can promote this within your workforce, plus offer them a place where they can enjoy an exercise session, you are sure to have healthier staff. This doesn’t only give physical benefits but also mental too. This could also lead to less sick days.
- Improved Employee Wellbeing – There are many studies that have shown that regular exercise is beneficial to positive mental health and wellbeing. Huge corporations such as the NHS offer exercise as a cure for depression and there is much more research into other mental health issues, such as stress and anxiety, which has shown exercise can help.
- It’s Great for Team Building – A gym is not just a place to lift some weights, it is also a place where likeminded people come together and can bond over their workouts. Every heavy lift needs a spotter, and just having a space like this where people can talk whilst getting in a spot of exercise is great for building relationships.
- It Boosts Productivity – While it may seem strange that working out and tiring your body can boost productivity, research has shown it is true. Exercise increases blood flow to the brain, making you more alert and energetic. It can also improve your concentration and make you feel more creative, so it covers plenty of bases.
So, now you know why a gym is important, here are five London offices that contain one.
5 Offices in London with a Gym Inside
We start in Holborn with this Serviced office space.
The first thing you notice in this building is how open and airy it is. There is a lovely natural feel to it, with plants spread throughout and lots of communal areas where staff can socialise and work on ideas together.
Flooded in natural light from the floor to ceiling windows that run right along it, there is space for a whopping 1500 desks in here, which makes it perfect for a large business.
And of course, there’s a gym.
This workout spaces offers everything you need for a good session, whether you’re looking to build muscle or lose weight.
There are weight machines, free weight stations, treadmills, exercise bikes, and a rowing machine which makes this gym the full package.
Another lovely, natural office is this delightful Serviced space on Bloomsbury Way.
There is a mixture of different spaces in here, with private offices combined with flexible workspaces.
This is another building that benefits from plenty of natural light and provides some amazing views of the London skyline.
There are plenty of meeting rooms throughout and with space for 1200 desks, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for all of your staff. The communal areas in this building are amazing, with comfortable seating and a modern décor throughout.
And to top it all off there is the gym. This is a huge space which is ideal for group or private workouts. With everything you need for a full body workout, and a really cool design, you’ll be throwing your old gym membership away in no time.
Our next office is located in the hustle and bustle of Farringdon and is a truly one-of-a-kind space.
It sits overlooking St. John’s Gate and has more than just a gym to keep your fitness enthusiasts entertained.
There is designated yoga space, as well as wellness and treatment rooms where you can exercise your mental health and recover after a tough session in the gym.
There’s even a shower to clean off after a morning session.
This office is much more than just the gym though, with a stunning design throughout and a beautiful outdoor courtyard where you can catch a breath of fresh air.
It is right next to some great transport links and has around 505 desks available spread across several offices.
It is also pet friendly, so you can bring your four-legged friend along with you.
Step outside Borough tube station and you’re almost at the front door of this Serviced office space.
There’s a lot to love about this office, including the simply amazing views of the London skyline that you can see from the huge windows throughout and the top floor terrace.
You can catch a glimpse of all the beauty of the Thames and Bankside from your desk, making this one of the best spots in the capital for taking it all in.
There are boardrooms and breakout spaces throughout which are ideal for getting your staff together for a chat, and even a reading room for a spot of quiet time when it’s needed.
And of course, there is a well-stocked gym. This workout space comes with some added features as well, with a full roster of workout classes available which are great for team building and more. There are also personal trainers on hand to ensure you are making the most of your workouts and always using the correct form.
For a full fitness experience, this is the one for you.
Who wouldn’t want to work in one of the most iconic (and don’t forget one of the tallest) buildings in London.
One Canada Square stands a whopping 774 ft above ground level, and you can place your business right in the heart of it with some of our great office space.
One of the real benefits of working here is that you can rub shoulders with employees and leading figures from a whole range of other businesses. It is the dream spot for a bit of networking, and this continues as you step outside onto the famous Canary Wharf.
The building is packed with amenities that your staff are sure to love, including meeting rooms, a business lounge, a lovely café, and a gym.
There is a long line of Peloton bikes which offer a comprehensive cardio workout whenever you sit on one, as well as other equipment that you can use to really tone up.
There’s also showers and changing rooms available so you’re always looking and feeling work ready after a sweaty session.
London Office Space from One One One
Whether you’re looking for an office with a gym, or it is another feature that has caught your eye, One One One are here to help.
Our team have years of experience helping businesses locate the perfect office space for them, and you could be next.
Why not get in touch with our team today to learn more about the many services we can provide.
Alternatively, get the process started right now by filling in our ‘build your own office’ tool today.
We look forward to hearing from you.