London Office Features You May Not Know You Need
Something that often comes up in discussions about new office space is the features that come with it.
These can be rare and exciting such as a slide, or something as simple yet essential as furniture.
Having the right office features can make a significant difference in both productivity and well-being. While the basics like location and transport links are well-known, there are several other features that are often overlooked but can be equally crucial for your business.
Let’s take a look.
Why Every London Office Feature Counts
- Enhanced Productivity and Efficiency – Employees work best in environments that are comfortable and conducive to concentration. There are many office features that promote productivity, including ergonomic furniture, great break-out space, and high-speed internet.
- Attracting and Retaining Talent – A well-equipped office is a powerful tool in attracting top talent. Prospective employees often look beyond the salary package and give considerable weight to the work environment. Amenities like fitness centres, relaxation spaces, and modern, well-equipped kitchens can be major drawcards.
- Promoting Health and Well-Being – Offices that prioritise features promoting health and well-being, such as meditation rooms, ergonomic furniture, and wellness programs, demonstrate a commitment to their employees’ overall well-being, which in turn will lead to a more energetic and motivated team.
- Encouraging Collaboration and Creativity – Features like collaborative workspaces, brainstorming rooms, and comfortable communal areas encourage interaction among employees. This collaboration can lead to a more dynamic work culture, fostering creativity and innovation. The casual exchange of ideas in these spaces often leads to problem-solving and the generation of new ideas.
- Building a Positive Company Culture – An office that is thoughtfully designed and equipped with a range of features has a positive impact on a company’s values and culture. It creates a sense of belonging and pride amongst employees, which is crucial for building a positive and enduring environment to be a part of. This, in turn, enhances the company’s image both internally and in the broader business community.
- Adaptability to Changing Work Trends – Feature-rich offices are often designed with flexibility in mind, making it easier for businesses to adapt to changing work trends, such as the rise of remote working and flexible hours. Features like video conferencing facilities make it seamless for in-house and remote teams to interact effectively.
7 Office Features You May Not Know You Need
In a bustling city like London, security is paramount.
Offices equipped with CCTV (Closed-Circuit Television) provide an added layer of security, deterring potential intruders and giving employees a sense of safety.
This feature is especially important if your business handles sensitive information or valuable equipment, and whether it’s one simple camera or a whole system set-up, it can give employees peace of mind regarding their belongings and also make sure business equipment is safe.
The traditional 9-to-5 workday is becoming a thing of the past.
Having 24/7 access to your office allows for flexible working hours, catering to employees who might prefer working outside conventional hours or those who need to collaborate with teams in different time zones.
As more and more workplaces move online and flexitime allows for working at different hours, this can be a real plus for employees who prefer different timescales.
Mental health is as important as physical health.
A meditation room or a quiet space in the office can be a sanctuary for employees to decompress, meditate, or simply take a breath.
This feature can enhance overall well-being and productivity by providing a space for mindfulness and relaxation.
London can feel like a frantic place, and workplaces even more so, so by having a place to relax and focus on wellbeing, your employees can reduce the risk of feeling overwhelmed.
We’ve mentioned the growing emphasis on remote work, and therefore having a well-equipped meeting room for when face-to-face interactions are necessary is crucial.
These rooms should be equipped with high-quality video conferencing tools, soundproofing, and comfortable seating to facilitate effective and efficient meetings.
While a traditional office may consist of desks and chairs, having spaces to meet with colleagues (either in person or online) can ensure collaboration and employee relationships remain strong.
For employees who jog, cycle, or hit the gym before work, showers are a game-changer.
They encourage a healthier, more active lifestyle and are a thoughtful addition to any modern office, especially in a city where cycling to work is becoming increasingly popular.
When most of us work 9 to 5 and have other responsibilities in the time in between, it can be hard to find time to exercise.
Getting to work on foot (or on a bicycle) can be great not just for physical health, but also mental and environmental health.
Offering showers makes this much more accessible for employees.
In a city like London, where parking is at a premium, having on-site parking can be a huge perk for employees who drive to work.
It not only saves time but also adds a level of convenience and safety, especially for those working late hours.
Finding a parking space in London is tricky at the best of times. Finding one which you can afford to pay for for 8 hours a day is almost impossible.
Having a parking space is a real bonus for employees, so if you find an office that provides this then snap it up quickly. They don’t often stay on the market for long.
London’s weather can be unpredictable, and an office with a good air conditioning system ensures a comfortable working environment all-year round.
Proper climate control not only maintains a pleasant temperature but also improves air quality and can reduce the spread of airborne illnesses.
When temperatures are commonly rising into the high 30s during British summertime, this is a feature which may become more crucial with every year that passes.
Find your Perfect London Office Space with One One One
When selecting an office space in London, it’s essential to look beyond the basics.
Features such as the ones mentioned above can significantly enhance the working experience and provide plenty of perks for employees.
London is the best place to work in the world, and these features are what make some of the office space in the city so special.
Or, if you’re in a rush, fill in our build-your-own office tool to get the ball rolling straight away.